In-Home Care Options

Home Health Care
Home Health care is the highest level of in-home care licensed in the State of Washington.  The services are provided by:

  •    Licensed Nurses
  •    Physical Therapists
  •    Occupational Therapists
  •    Speech Therapists
  •    Medical Social Services Agencies
  •    Home Health Aid Assistants
  •    Palliative Care Providers

These services are provided under your physician’s care and on an intermittent basis for people who are homebound. Services are reimbursable by Medicare and Insurance Plans and may also be provided for private pay-for-services basis.

Home Care Agencies
This type of agency is licensed by the State of Washington and provides non-medical care and assistance at home.  They assist with almost all daily living needs in regard to dressing, bathing, grooming, toileting and any other personal needs.  They can also provide light housekeeping assistance, meal preparation and chore services.

These agencies employ their staff (as opposed to contracting with them) and provide their staff with benefits and training. Private funds are needed to cover this type of service and are not reimbursable by Medicare or private insurance plans.

Chore/Companion Services
This type of agency is not licensed with the State of Washington.  They provide no “hands-on” care.  Chore providers perform duties of light housekeeping, transportation, shopping, and meal preparation.

Companion Services include the above services along with companionship to provide a “watchful eye” and guidance to persons with memory deficits.